Monday, June 01, 2009

Less than 2 weeks and counting...

I met a family yesterday who was visiting their cousin, a friend of mine. They adopted their son, now 10, from Kazakhstan around the age of 2. It was nice to talk to someone in person who has been through this process. It's nice to know I can get in touch with someone for advice if we need it. I was asked yesterday how I was feeling and at the time, I was feeling pretty peaceful about everything.

Today might be a different story. This morning I went to the doctor for my 2nd Hep B vaccination and for a prescription for Typhoid pills. This was recommended by the health department for travel to Kazakhstan. As I type this, I just now realize I forgot to ask about medicine for traveling...argh.

As I was running errands with the girls and thinking about all the activities we have in the next 2 weeks, I began to feel stressed. I was thinking about the 3rd trip I will have to make to Almaty to get custody of our son. I wish my hubby could come too, but it will just be too hard financially and jobwise. He will be using a lot of vacation days for the first 2 trips. I have a friend that offered to come along which would be wonderful, but she only has frequent flier miles which I've heard would be hard to use. First of all, this is summer time and the high season for travel, secondly, we probably won't have a lot of notice as to the exact dates.

I also started to feel some anxiety after I turned on the news this morning and saw the news about the Air France jet that disappeared on it's way from Brazil to France. That's all I can say about that, if I think too much about it, it will be all I can think about. We could sure use lots of prayers during this whole journey!

3 comments:

aultfamily said...

Wow, you're are leaving soon! Congratulations!

I understand the calm-stress theme that can go on as you are preparing to leave. For about 3 weeks we had been living like 'we could be leaving any day' that was simply crazy. I'm trying to knock off a few things each day. It's a mind thing, if I know I 'only' have A,B,C to do today, I won't freak out as much knowing that I still have D-Z to complete. (Of course, this is coming from someone who was just told they're now not leaving until the end of July.) :)

My prayers are with you!
MaryAnn

Dean and Janie said...

You Sweet Thing. I can imagine (as I have a 19 year old ) how fear can take a good grip at times. As I follow your journey, I will lift you and your family up in my prayers and pray for your protections and blessing. I think all of us traveling have had the same thoughts as you when we heard the sad news of the airplane. With Love,

Anonymous said...

Your sentiments about your travels are the same as mine. So tough to bear. I will be praying for you for a safe and joyous trip!
Talk to you tomorrow!
Steph