Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Strapped and Ready to Go!

Our stack of updated 'hand carry' documents which seem as big as our dossier!

Sunday June 14, 2009
Los Angeles Airport 2pm



Well, we’ve checked our bags (1 each) and we headed to the gate and are now waiting to board in about 20 minutes. After the flurry of the weekend ballet performances and trying to pack for our trip, I can now take a breath and sit back and relax a bit. I’m hoping to get some shut eye on the flight to Frankfurt. I don’t think it will be too hard since I haven’t gotten much sleep in the last several days. I did bring some knitting to start a baby blanket for baby K.



We left our house this morning about 9:30am to make the drive to LAX. I wanted to give big hugs to the girls and tell them over and over again how much I love them. As I got in the car and as we were waving to them, I felt tears start to form so I tried to occupy my mind with the details or otherwise I would have cried a river of tears. The last couple of days the girls have been fighting and bickering, who knows, maybe it’s just the dynamic of having the grandparents there. Last report from the grandparents before we board was they were getting along really well. Let’s hope that continues!

4 comments:

Nat said...

Oh, Katherine, this is so exiting!! It brought tears to my eyes :)

Looking forward to new updates :)

Stephanie and Gary said...

By now I know you have arrived and I think will meet your child today!! How amazing!! Seeing the photos of your suitcases and the plane and you calmly knitting on the plane was a calming visual. I hope you did get the rest you hoped for! Best wishes!

Dean and Janie said...

Bless your hearts. I know it will be difficult to be away from your precious girls for so long. I will keep you in my prayers! I, too, look so forward to your upcoming posts in Kaz. Congratulations, best wishes and God Bless! Janie

Baby Kaz Moore said...

Oh my gosh, it's almost time for you to meet your newest little one! I'm sending best wishes! Susan