Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Tuesday, June 23rd

Today was day 4 of bonding. On the way there, Galina had us stop at the nice, big supermarket everyone likes. It has good prices. We bought water, Coca light, a wooden puzzle, couple of snacks and I bought dry pasta. I plan to use the pasta as a 'game' with Roman. I got this idea from another AP on a message board. I'm going to have Roman put the pasta in an empty Coke bottle just to work on fine motor skills and it's something kind of quiet to do in the play room.

It was a little tough today because I was really missing the girls and couldn't focus all my attention on Roman. I played a little, we worked on colors a little and I watched alot. The boy wore us out! Whew, he is a super active boy, I hope he slows down during the day. Maybe it's all the excitement of having the personal attention and toys to himself. About 5-10 minutes before 12, he said he was ready to go. It was time for his snack, I think he was hungry. Galina and/or Maigul make sure he always gives us a kiss before leaving and say 'bye' to us.

Some teaser pictures:




Driving around Almaty is an experience. We always have a driver for wherever we need to go. The drivers we've had have been great, very friendly, and helpful and the cars are nice and comfortable. However, I get carsick easily and I have been carsick every time I get in the car because the driving is crazy and it's always stop and go. The smells don't help either, there is alot of gas smells and car exhaust fumes. And I thought we had it bad back home!

On the way back to the hotel, we stopped at a post office for some stamps. We had postcards to mail to the girls, but they will probably receive them after we are already home! After this, I had to take a nap.

For dinner, we met with a single mom and her mother for dinner at Guns and Roses Pub which is attached to the hotel. They are actually neighbors and we often run into them at breakfast. It's nice to have some other people to talk with and share experiences. The chicken burger and fries were good, it was comfort food.

1 comment:

The Lowells said...

Such cute knees and hands!!!!! Roman is a doll! It's so fun to keep up with what you and Robert are doing and I'm happy it's going well.

Don't know if you can get this over there, but when we were in Manila I used to get really car sick for similar reasons. I used to put a little Mentholatum under my nose and it help tremendously. Might give it a try!

Keeping you in my prayers.