Friday, June 19, 2009

Thursday, June 18th

“Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.” Matthew 7:7-8

This morning we felt as if things will happen the way they are supposed to happen and we just have to trust the process. Tatyana came for us in the morning and took us to the Babyhouse to see child #2 again and get additional medical information.

As we were finishing up, one of the workers walked in the door with a shy little boy behind her and brought him to the table with the toys. Tatyana started telling us this little boy just came off the registry. {Children have to remain on the local registry for local adoptions only for 6 months} He is 3 ½ which is older than we wanted as we hoped for a child under 2 and he is Russian so he looks more like me. I went over to try to talk to him and play with him a little, he was so shy but so cute, too. He has fair skin, reddish/strawberry blond hair and green eyes I think. We learned that he has learned Kazak in the 8 months that he has been at the Babyhouse so he speaks Russian and Kazak.

After we left the Babyhouse, we ended up at the supermarket and told Tatyana that we would think about this little boy. We thought about it, we worried about it and ultimately decided to start bonding with this little boy. I had been in contact with a couple of moms that adopted ‘older’ children and know it is hard to find families to adopt them. We know it will be so hard in the beginning but so worth it to have this little boy join our family.

When we started this process, we had a picture in our head of how things would turn out and what our child would look like. Sometimes things don’t turn out the way you expect but it is the way it is meant to be.

13 comments:

Baby Kaz Moore said...

I can only imagine the stress and anxiety of your days. I wish you peace, strength and joy as your bring this lucky little boy into your arms and hearts. Kind wishes, Susan from Austin

Joby and Marla said...

Things don't always turn out how we expect but do happen for a reason :)

Congrats on finding your son!!!!

Jennifer said...

Just catching up on the past events now. I am so thankful you found your son! You are absolutely right that things don't always work out the way we imagine them, but we can always take comfort in knowing that things ALWAYS work out the way they were intended.

I look forward to hearing more about your beautiful green-eyed boy!

Karen, Glenn, Allie, Max, and Sam said...

Thank you so much for blogging about your last few days. I know it must feel very painful at times, but I also hope that by writing about it, you can bring yourself some peace. The little boy sounds just adorable! There is an AMAZING network of parents who have adopted 3-year-olds from Kaz, so if this is the path that is right for your family, you have a build-in support network!!! Our Max, also from Kaz, has that same color hair and green eyes. It is a beautiful combination!!! We continue to pray for you and we are sending the best thoughts possible towards you in Kaz and your girls back in the States.

Stephanie and Gary said...

Katherine, you had me right away at that quote. I guess we've always known that red threads connect us to the ones we weremeant to be with, but sometimes they twist and fray ... and eventually lead us right we're we're meant to be. Katherine, your heart is soo soo big and this little boy is big enough to fit right in. Congratulations to you! and I hope the rest of the experience is smooth sailing!!!!
Breathe a sigh of relief for having found him and enjoy!
steph

The Lowells said...

Thanks for sharing your blog with me, Kat! I've spent the last couple of hours reading...you've done a great job and are a fabulous Mom and wife! I couldn't help but think of Romans 8:28 when I read about your adoption journey:

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."

You and R are in my prayers!
Much Love,
Shelby

Julie said...

I am thrilled you finally found each other! It is amazing how things turn out, and as everyone has said sometimes not at all what we vision. There is a plan for us, and we don't always know what it is. This little guy needs you specifically for his mom and dad, and he is meant to be your son, someday that will be clear as to why. I pray the pain, stress and frustrations of these last few days will quickly fade and be forgotten (just like labor) as you get to know your new son to be. His smiles, personality and sparkling eyes will blossom with the love and attention you will give him - just watch! Now is the time to breathe, relax and enjoy these moments in your childs birth country with him. xoxo Julie

Dean and Janie said...

Dear Katherine, I am thankful for your faith and for you sharing it. Congratulations on meeting this sweet little strawberry-headed boy. I pray peace in your hearts and days of joy to come. Blessings to you today.! Janie
Oh, and I am thrilled to hear how you were able to "see" your precious daughters. I can hear in your writing how much you miss them.

Kim said...

So glad you have found your son! Our adoption wasn't exactly how we envisioned it at first but it is even better than we imagined now! Praying the same peace and contentment for you! He sounds so cute! Bless you for opening yourselves up to an older child. He needs you so much!

Highlandgal said...

I'm thinking of you and your family and hoping all goes well for you. Thank you for keeping us up to date. Can't wait until you can bring your son home and "share" him with us!

aultfamily said...

Wow! I'm playing catch up on my blog reading and you've been through soooooo much during this time!!!

I totally understand what you mean about the picture in your head of how you think this will all play out. Sometimes I think that God must look down at us an chuckle at our plans. :)

You will be in our prayers.

MaryAnn

Lou Ann said...

So excited to hear that you are moving forward in the process and hopefully have found your son. It is amazing how God works. Sometimes I think I should just stop planning anything since as soon as I do God shows me who is in charge.

I hope the bonding goes well. I can hardly wait until you can share him with us!

Lou Ann & Lexie too

Talia said...

Hi Katherine! I had kind of forgot about your blog (unfortunately for me) and then I came across your e-mail again and was so glad to have a way to come get all caught up! I've been thinking about you guys and wondering how things have been going... and wow, a lot has happened! I can hardly believe it! It's so exciting. Ok, I'm going to go finish reading the rest of your updates :)