Tuesday, July 18, 2006

The Welcome Wagon

This is a first for us. Our new neighbors are so great! One of our next door neighbors invited the girls to a birthday party for their son who just turned 5. We weren't able to make it unfortunately, but they got goody bags for the girls anyway. So we brought him a little something. Kind of hard when you don't know the child, but nonetheless, we brought a gift of a boy themed sticker/activity book, crayons and bubbles. His mom gave me a tour of the house, I'm so jealous because it's so put together! They moved in 3 months ago. I like her taste, too, she seems to have travelled alot. They were just very welcoming to us.

Tonight, our doorbell rang and it was our other next door neighbor bringing us brownies and fresh from-a-garden tomatoes!! I met them before, the wife is a kindergarten teacher in our school district, they are empty-nesters. We have moved 4 times in the last 7 years and this is the first time anyone has brought us homemade goodies with a note welcoming us to the neighborhood. I'm flabbergasted! Well, in all fairness, in one move, we were the first on a street in a brand new neighborhood so I was the one bringing cookies to our neighbors.

Benefits of a smaller town, I guess!

4 comments:

Highlandgal said...

I'll bet that gives you some warm-fuzzies about your new neighborhood. Your neighbors sound nice.

Sraikh said...

They sound nice. I hope you get advise on peds and such stuff from them!

ramblingmuse said...

Very nice! Wish I could have some of those tomatoes...yum! :-)

Amy Plum said...

lucky you! congrats on having fun/considerate neighbors!