Thursday, July 13, 2006

Adventures of Gingey

Dear Jacob,
I miss you, but I’m having a great time in California. Whew, it sure is hot here though, much warmer than Michigan. My new friends, Olivia, Claire, and their mom and dad have been really great to me. They have been showing me lots of new things.


We spent some time in hotels trying to stay out of the heat, it got up to 108 degrees Fahrenheit at one point, I thought my icing was going to melt! One weekend, we drove up to Sacramento. Did you know that Sacramento is the capitol of California? We went by the capitol building. I was hoping to meet Arnold Schwarzenegger; he is the governor of California. The people at the capitol building told us he really doesn’t work much in the capitol building, he usually works from his office in Los Angeles. Oh well! Here are a couple of pictures of me at the capitol building.


While in Sacramento, I had a great time with my new friends, we ate a lot! We also went to a Buddhist church for some kind of memorial service for my friends’ great-grandparents. It was sure different, Jacob! The people took turns going up to the altar and lighting incense while the Buddhist priest chanted. It was different, but calming at the same time. I really enjoyed seeing another religion and Olivia and Claire’s family is really nice…they have lots of family! Olivia and Claire aren’t Buddhist, but their great-grandparents were Buddhist, I think it was because they were Japanese. A lot of Japanese people are Buddhist.




After that, we drove back down to Bakersfield where Olivia and Claire just moved. It is so hot there! It looks like the desert.

More to follow...

No comments: