Thursday, July 13, 2006

Continued adventures of Gingey

So when we went back to Bakersfield, we went to an Oil museum nearby and here is a picture of me in front of a pump jack, it pumps oil from the ground. Did you know that oil helps run things, like cars, ovens, gas fireplaces?! Apparently, Kern county, where Bakersfield is, is one of the largest oil producing counties in the country.


The next weekend, we drove to Los Angeles. Jacob…. that is the BIGGEST city I ever saw! There were so many freeways and we had to sit in traffic for what seemed like HOURS! But it was worth it, because the next day, on July 1st, we went to Disneyland. It was awesome! I saw Mickey Mouse, Winnie the Pooh, I got to ride on lots of neat rides, my favorite was the ‘It’s a Small World’ ride and I saw a couple of parades. I only have a couple of pictures, we were so busy. The next day, we got to go to California Adventure. It was fun, too, and it wasn’t as crowded.





Oh, I forgot, when we got to Los Angeles, we went to Little Tokyo. It’s a part of the city that has lots of Japanese people, shops, and businesses. We were going to go to the Japanese-American museum, but it was just closing as we got there. We did get to look in some neat shops. There’s a picture of me in Little Tokyo with my friends, Olivia and Claire.


We only spent a couple of days in L.A., then we went back to Bakersfield, my friends have lots of boxes in their house to unpack. On the 4th of July, we were surprised to see fireworks from their front yard….that was fun to watch.

Your friend,
Gingey

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's great! It looks like Gingey had a blast!

nowwhatelmo said...

Oh that looks like so much fun!

Sraikh said...

That was interesting.