Monday, July 31, 2006

misunderstandings and such

Sachie is great, she is very cheerful (her description in her letter which is very accurate). When I talk to her and ask her something, she smiles, nods and says 'okay'...but most of the time I think she is just being agreeable and she doesn't really understand.

For example, when I took her with me to the grocery store, I tried to explain slowly and with gestures to wait on the sidewalk so I could put groceries in my car (before going in the next store). She nodded, I pointed to the sidewalk and I said 'stay here'. Then she followed me to the car.

My girls are really enjoying having a 'sister'. Sachie is really great about playing with them and keeping them occupied. And she is so polite, offering to help in the kitchen, etc. I think the girls (well, all of us) will miss having her here.

She goes to English class every morning, so I drop her off and pick her up in the afternoon. Monday morning after I dropped her off, Claire was sad, she was crying and saying 'I want Sa-chee', 'I want Sa-chee'!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How nice of you to host her. I'm sure this is a great experience for your kids.