Monday, July 31, 2006

Searching for a Church

So, I've been trying to find the right church for our family. We are most comfortable with a Methodist church, but as you may recall, I didn't care too much for the one I went to here. There are a lot of Bible type churches here as a I call them, which doesn't suit us either. We enjoy going to a traditional type church with ministries for families and kids.

Yesterday, I took Olivia and we tried out the local Lutheran church. I have never been to a Lutheran church. I have to say I enjoyed it, it seemed to have alot more energy, the Pastor was fairly young and energetic. Of course, since it's summer, it really is hard to get a good idea of what a church is like. Usually, the choir is on hiatus and many times, there's a guest Pastor as there was yesterday. This is a bigger church and it seems to offer ministries for children and women which is important to me. I'll have to give it another shot. Anyone out there have experiences with the Lutheran church? The only downside is that it didn't seem very diverse (not that Bako is diverse anyway).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello, I am a freelance journalist that writes human-interest pieces. The majority of my pieces focus on major events abroad and their effects on Texans. I have numerous contacts spread through out the globe and I am always interested in meeting new people that have roots in Texas. If you are currently outside of Texas but have some association to this great state, I would love to speak to you and hear about your Texas connections.
ericbrowntexas(at)yahoo.com

allison said...

Katherine,

My SIL lived there for about four months, but I'm not sure which church she attended while she was there. Would you like me to ask? She seems to be attracted to similar attributes that you mentioned...

4texans said...

Sure, Allie!

ramblingmuse said...

Good luck Church-hunting. It takes some time, but you just know when you find a good one.