Sunday, February 19, 2006

Random entry: Purging



So about 2 weeks ago I decided to start cleaning out our deep freezer, regular freezer and pantry and try to eat through everything. We should be moving in about 2 or 4 months, so I wanted to start clearing this stuff out. We've been making pretty good progress. The deep freezer was full to the gills about 2 weeks ago. I swear, I think it's going to take months to eat through everything. And it doesn't help that my husband just stocked up on cream soup cans, some frozen Morningstar foods (for the girls) and boxes of flavored rice dishes. Apparently he forgot I'm trying to clear things out. Here are pictures of our deep freezer in the garage and our pantry in the kitchen. Really, I have made some progress!

3 comments:

Highlandgal said...

First of all, I'd kill to have a pantry. We have to stuff all our food on top of our refrigerator and into two cabinets. Secondly, wow, I thought our freezer was bad. ;)

We just purged everything last week. It's looking kind of lean these days. But then dh brings home each night's dinner groceries that evening so we don't stock a lot at home.

Sraikh said...

Hmm...wanna ship some of the stuff to me? LOL

4texans said...

It would look better except for dh's recent shopping trip. I've been trying to be creative about meals!

Don't know where we are moving yet...hopefully we will find something out in the next couple of weeks.

Sunita-coming up here anytime soon? You can raid my pantry!