Thursday, February 16, 2006

Olivia was so excited to have her friend, K, over after school. K is almost 5, Olivia is 3 1/2, but they seem to get along great. Olivia is always asking when I pick her up "where we going to?" "are my friends coming over?" "can I go to J's house?" so it was nice for her to have her 'older' friend over. Olivia was so excited to show her house, and her backyard. The played in the backyard and discovered the fort hidden in the corner with a stepladder. When it was time to come down, it was as if Olivia was frozen in fear. I had to help Olivia down the first time, but K watched out for her the next time she climbed down the ladder. I pulled out our picnic table for lunch in the family/play room. I had to smile because they were just having so much fun. I'm not sure I have heard Olivia laugh and giggle so much. Both girls were being so silly. I feel like I was catching a glimpse of future teenagers sharing secrets and having fun.

3 comments:

Erin said...

That sounds like they had fun!!!

Sraikh said...

Girls are so much fun,
I dont know how they would be as teenagers though

catankgirl said...

How cute! They are getting so grown up, aren't they?