Tuesday, February 28, 2006

A garage sale can't be that simple, can it?

You would think it would be simple to go through piles of old clothes and junk to sell, right? But so many things hold so many memories. Part of the reason it's hard is that I really don't think we will have anymore kids. I just don't think I could handle anymore and be a good mom. And to be pregnant again...whew, I really think I'm passed that! I dunno, maybe adoption could be a choice down the road.

Although, I do feel at peace about this, it's just hard to hold up those cute little onsies and pretty little dresses, thinking about when the girls were so small. It kind of seems distant...the memories of when I brought them home, how small they were, how floppy they were, their disposition, of every discovery, of their developmental milestones. *Sigh*...my girls are growing up so fast...

5 comments:

catankgirl said...

It is hard, isn't it? That is why I give most of our used baby/kids stuff to friends, it helps me that someone I know is getting use out of it and we are helping them. I don't know if I'd like the thought of people picking through it at a garage sale. But giving it away doesn't help with the $ though.

Good luck.

4texans said...

I am going to send some things to a friend who is having a baby, but she is having a boy...so not too many clothes!

Sraikh said...

Oh..maybe if you used condoms as your birth control, you will need to still keep those clothes :)

4texans said...

ha ha...lol, Sunita, I'm on the pill and we have been discussing the snip snip for dh for the last year with no decision permanent yet!

ramblingmuse said...

Oh...maybe you can take up quilting? I can imagine how going through all that stuff will tug at the heart.

*sigh*