Friday, August 25, 2006

Maybe I don't want to meet my neighbors

One neighbor has been described by another neighbor as "the neighborhood drug kingpin"...uh, this is 2 doors down from us! Ahhhh! Apparently, the swat team accompanied by helicopters came upon this neighbor's house searching for the husband some time in the spring. I get the feeling the neighbors around here have been afraid of these particular neighbors. I guess I've discovered why no one comes out of their house!

When we bought our house, the previous owner did hint at some troubles with speeding by the teenager friends of this family and that the couple was going through a 'nasty divorce'. At the time, their house was also on the market, we heard they had a potential buyer, but I just learned that the sale fell through and the family (actually the wife) just refinanced their mortgage. We were all hoping they would sell the house to a family with young kids. I'll keep you posted on any developments!

3 comments:

Erin said...

Yikes!! That could very well be why everyone stays in their houses!

nowwhatelmo said...

Wonderful. Too bad you find this out AFTER you send out flyers. I am sure that there are some good people in the area too though.

ramblingmuse said...

Yikes, indeed! Well, maybe things will change with you in the neighborhood now. A divine appt for you maybe?