Sunday, August 27, 2006

Colors

We have a 'colorful' house, in fact we named several parts of the house by color. There's the aweful mismatched bright yellow entry and hallway, the dark maroon walls in the breakfast nook, the avocado green bathroom, bright boy blue bedroom (actually Olivia's room which we will eventually paint pink), yellow bedroom which is okay to live with for now(Claire's room), the aweful bright red wall in our bathroom and the rest of the house which is neutral with a light mauve tint to it. Blech!

Here are some 'before' pictures, keep in mind the color is alot different in person!

Yellow entry (it's really bright, trust me):


Maroon kitchen:


light mauve living room (this color is throughout house):

Blue room (trust me it is a really bright blue):

Green bathroom:

Yellow room:

Infamous red wall:


Colors we were testing, we are going with the bottom color, it's called Lulled Beige.
We are thinking of painting the kitchen a Banana Cream color to lighten it up. And then we may paint 2 walls at the end of the dining room a deep rich red. Olivia's room (a.k.a. blue room) will be painted a faint pink. We will leave the yellow bedroom alone for now and we are still deciding about the green bathroom. We will paint our room and bathroom the beige. So the beige color will be like the base paint for the house and then we will add small touches of color.

6 comments:

ramblingmuse said...

Wow. That IS a lot of colors!

Looks like you'll be busy with the paintbrush for awhile!

Anonymous said...

I like you new colors much much better. But I have to admit, I do like the red wall. :)

4texans said...

Leslie, I love red, but believe me, this red in the bathroom is a really 'cheesy' red (it's like stop sign red), it's not dark enough. Red is a really hard color to paint. We will probably do a red wall or 2 near our dining room.

b said...

I chose some of the colors that you have when my walls were painted last year! Looks like the same yellow hallway walls (mine are almost a gold), and the same red (but mine is in the kitchen and dining room)

Leslie said...

The kitchen will look so much brighter and more cheery when it's painted a new color.
The green bathroom cracks me up. ;)

4texans said...

Just so you know, I do like colors, these are just not my taste and these colors don't seem to flow together you know...just don't want to offend anyone...

And I really don't think you can get a good idea from these pictures, it looks alot different in person!

We had friends come visit 2 days after we moved in and the husband casually asked if we painted...when we told him we were planning to repaint the house...he said, "whew, that's good because I really don't like these colors". They thought it was way too colorful, too...