Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Keeping the kids busy

So I signed Olivia up for YMCA soccer for 4-5 year olds. I'm excited for her to try something new. She's shown some interest in soccer, probably from watching Dora. Anyway, as I was signing her up, I was having flashbacks when I did YMCA soccer when I was young, I must have been about 7 or 8. I remember the name of our team was the Red Devils and we were the worst team on the league...I think I was the worst player, too! At the end of the season, they gave out trophies and I got the trophy for being the 'little lady' of the team. I think this is because my mother took me to get my hair done before a game and told me not to mess up my hair so didn't play too much!

Last week, I took Claire to try out a music class with Harmony Road Music school, it didn't go over so well. I thought it was a really cute class, but I just don't think she has the attention for it right now. So, this morning I took her to try a My Gym class and she absolutely loved it. It reminded me of the Gymboree classes I did with Olivia before Claire came along. And I was surprised she wasn't clingy at all like she normally is in new situations, she was enthusiastic about trying new things and I think she enjoyed interacting with other kids close to her age. She had such a great time, I signed her up, so we will be going every Wednesday morning after I drop Olivia off at preschool.

1 comment:

Sraikh said...

Avasha is doing the little kickers programmer at the Y too.
And Ashwina had her first soccer practice today.
let me know how Olivia does?