Tuesday, June 13, 2006

To the park today

Today, we decided to go to a park near in the neighborhood where we will live. I was hoping there would be swarms of kids and moms there...kids for the girls to play with and moms for me to meet. It was such a nice day, probably in the 70's, clear, nice breeze. We got there about 9:30am...do you think it was too early? There was not a soul there. About 10 minutes later, a mom showed up with 18 month old twins. She was only there about 15 minutes, but at least I did get to 'pick her brain' a little. I don't understand why there weren't more people out enjoying the nice weather before it gets too hot?

I decided to leave when Olivia started to pretend to eat the sand...she was being such a pill today. We headed out to where their daddy works, it's about a 1/2 hour drive into nowhere. But the nice thing is there are lots of animals to see at his office. Claire slept on the way. We saw several squirrels and some wild bunnies. Most of the animals...quails, doves, rabbits come out in the morning or late afternoon. One of the employees told me to be watchful of the kids because there are also coyotes out there...gasp!

So then we went into the little town for lunch, we found a local eatery that had a great menu with lots of sandwiches and burgers. The milk shake I got was HUGE! It was nice to have lunch as a whole family.

We dropped my husband back off at his office and headed back to the hotel. I was thinking what I would do if both the girls were asleep...I can't leave one in the car by herself. They both crashed in the car, so when I got to the hotel, I put Olivia in the stroller and I carried Claire on my shoulder while I pushed the stroller. Unfortunately, the kids splashing in the pool woke Olivia up and Claire woke up as I was carrying her. I was able to put Claire in her pack and play and she immediately went back to sleep. I wasn't so lucky with Olivia. I put her in bed, but she did not go back to sleep. At least she stayed in her room quietly.

We didn't get to go see the 50 cent movie tonight since Olivia didn't get enough of a nap...the girls are just so tired. Claire wakes too early and this morning she woke Olivia up.

After Claire got up from her nap, we ran some errands which included a visite to one of my favorite stores...Trader Joe's!

On the agenda for tomorrow...to visit the library near our neighborhood for another storytime...I'm hoping to meet some moms there.

2 comments:

catankgirl said...

If you can get to Trader Joes, then everything is going to be ok. lol I love it too.

4texans said...

LOL!!