Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Another storytime

This morning we checked out the storytime at a different library. The librarian/reader was awesome, he was really animated while reading the stories, even Claire sat through most of the books! It was rather crowded in the small library afterwards with all the kids, moms and strollers. I signed the girls up for the summer reading program...they read 10 books and they get a free paperback, book bag and a coupon for Hometown Buffet (my husband will love that!).

Afterwards we went to a popular shopping area where there is a fountain. This is where lots of moms and kids hang out after storytime at a local bookstore. There were lots of people out by the fountain, this is the most people I've seen outside at one time in this city. There was a man there with his dog, Bob. He was a friendly dog who enjoyed all the kids attention. Olivia started following a little girl and came up to me and whispered 'I found a friend'!

I talked with the girl's mom for a while trying to get information about pediatricians, she didn't seem too thrilled with hers. It was interesting to watch the different groups of moms, it seemed as if everyone had their 'clique'. At the library and at the fountain, I look around to see if I might make some potential friends.

Next we walked over to the cinema, they have a free family film fest during the summer. We had this where we used to live, I think certain chains of cinemas offer this. I got a list of movies. Unfortunately, Olivia will be in summer school, but maybe I can try and take Claire.

We did some grocery shopping then headed back for lunch and naptime. The girls were getting so tired that they were really cranky. After naptime and their daddy got back from work about 5, I took Olivia to the $1 movies. We saw Ice Age 2, it was really cute, she laughed during alot of it. Too much popcorn though...bleck!

1 comment:

Highlandgal said...

So now you know where everyone is...at the "good" library! lol
I hope you can figure out which clique is worth your time. It sounds like you're making good use of your time so far. I'm just in awe of you dealing with this time in limbo.