Monday, June 12, 2006

Morning at the library

So after Claire took an early morning nap (she woke about 5:44am), the 3 of us headed to the main library. They were scheduled to have a storytime at 10:30am and we got there in the nick of time. It was 1/2 an hour, perfect for Olivia, just a little bit too 'old' for Claire. But they both had fun, though. After story time, Olivia was following another little girl and they were playing a bit. Olivia came to me and whispered in my ear 'I made a new friend!' very excitedly. A little bit later, she came in whispered in my ear 'her name is Olivia, too!'. I'm so glad she is so enthusiastic about meeting new friends.

Afterwards, we stopped by the Parks and Recreation department to pick up a booklet of activities and classes. Then we came back to the hotel for toasted cheese sandwiches. It so happens we are in a suite with a kitchen and 2 bedrooms/2 baths.

After lunch, we walked over to the shopping strip across the street. We found a My Gym where I'm thinking of taking Claire to next week to try out their classes. We checked our mail at the UPS store and then we went to the natural foods market to buy soymilk and juice. We also passed by the $1 cinema to see what was playing. Tomorrow happens to be 50 cent Tuesday so maybe I'll take Olivia to see Ice Age 2 tomorrow evening...or maybe we'll all go...

1 comment:

Sraikh said...

I want a 50 cent Tuesday theater too. Sounds like a busy day. Its so hard though thinking of things to entertain the kids with. I'm so glad my whole move is over