Friday, June 16, 2006

My last visit with the hand surgeon

Before we left the Bay area, I went to my last follow up with the hand surgeon. He said he was pleased with the progress I made and that I will never be at 100%, but I should continue to see improvement up to 2 years after my surgery. I still feel alot of scarring/hardness with the tendon repair. I often have a cracking feeling when I bend that finger and I still have numbness. When I touch things, the one side of my finger which had the nerve damage feels cold...that's kind of weird. I also have a hard time searching for things in a bag such as a diaper bag with that hand. He said that I don't need to continue anymore exercises...well, I didn't really have much time anymore for the hand exercises anyway.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Sounds like a good report. I hope your hand continues to get better!