Saturday, May 27, 2006

The zoo

So today I met up with 2 friends I met online, J and C. We met online when we were all due in October 2004 and had babies about the same time, now it's the BIO board. It so happens that we live in the same general area, probably 30-45 minutes from each other. It's hard to meet up because of the distance, but since I'm moving, it was so nice to see them and their kids. It was a beautiful day, perfect day for the zoo.

J has a daughter who is also named Olivia and is about 8 months older than my Olivia. All day, my Olivia was so excited about seeing the 'other Olivia', she kept asking when we would see her and we got to the parking lot, she insistently asked 'where's the 'other Olivia', Mommy? Is she coming?' When we got to the zoo and were about to enter, she asked 'where's the 'other Olivia'?' We got to the flamingos where we were supposed to meet, she asked 'where's the 'other Olivia?' Is she coming Mommy?' I decided to end the questions with a potty break and when we got back to the flamingos, thankfully, the 'other Olivia' was there!

I recall about 2 years ago when I was pregnant with Claire and met up with J and her daughter Olivia at this same zoo. She was the first person I ever met up with that I met online. And she is completely normal! And really nice, too :)! When I tell friends IRL that I've met friends online, they give me this incredulous look like they think I might be meeting crazy people or something...lol!

Anyway, the following are pictures from our morning at the zoo.

Here are the 2 Olivia's looking at camels:
Here is Noah and Claire, Noah is the 'other Olivia's' little brother. Poor guy, he was feeling under the weather, he has a cold, but we are all glad he came along. They are pointing at the camels I think.

My Olivia almost immediately grabbed the 'other Olivia's' hand and wanted to run with her through the whole zoo, she tends to be pretty energetic. Here are the Olivias looking at the giraffes, they were so cute together (the Olivias, not so much the giraffes).

Here is Owen and Claire, chilling at the zoo. Owen is C's son, she also has a 5 month old who slept almost the entire time they were at the zoo. Harry is such a cutie, he was very smiley. I, unfortunately, didn't get a picture of him.

So, next, we went to the children's part of the zoo. There is a giant spiderweb for kids to climb on. Here the older girls are climbing the spiderweb. The 'other Olivia' lost her cute birkenstock sandal through the web, so my Olivia climbed off to retrieve it and hand it to the 'other Olivia'.
Here is Claire trying to follow her sister up the web. She is such a climber!

There are some other 'bugs' for the kids to climb on. Claire decided to cimb onto a caterpillar, so Owen decided to join her...I got a picture of him smiling, they look like they are having fun. Noah decided he would rather sit on his mommy's lap. It was so hard to get pictures of everyone together. It was about this point that Owen decided he had some other place to be and he shot off across the lawn...whew, he is fast. He must keep his mommy on his toes. He does not like to sit in his stroller. He reminds a bit of my Olivia when she was about the same age.

Here is a picture of the 3 moms, thanks to J's husband who came along...thanks for taking pictures, T! I need a haircut! I'm the one in the middle. I just don't like pictures of myself anymore, but I felt we needed to have a picture.

The last picture of the 3 BIO babies, Claire, Noah and Owen, who is saying 'it's time to go, Mommy'.

C had to leave after that, the rest of us had a nice, quiet, leisurely lunch together...ha, yeah right! No, actually, it was a nice lunch, the weather was really nice.

After lunch we went to see the elephants, then we had to head home, the whole way home, my Olivia, kept saying she wanted to ride the rides over and over. Maybe next time, Olivia. Claire crashed in the car on the way home and took a really long nap when we got home. Olivia took a nap and even, Mommy, who eventually crashed on the couch.

5 comments:

DJ said...

That looks like such a fun outing! Bioers sure do have some cute siblings. I'm so glad you posted these pictures. It's so much fun to see everyone get to meet up!

allison said...

It looks like you all had a great time!!! I'm sad I don't live closer, I would have loved to join you! And I know what you mean about the looks you get when you tell someone you've met a friend online. Other people just don't get it.

Highlandgal said...

I really love seeing these familiar faces together in one place. I'm glad you had a nice time together.

Anonymous said...

Looks like you all had a great time! I'm jealous. :)

4texans said...

Forgot to add, C, is really nice too. In fact all the BIO moms I've met up with in person are really nice!