Monday, May 15, 2006

Free!

Look what I got for free! Someone was giving away a daybed frame, headboard, and side rails. Okay, it's not my favorite style and it has some scratches, but hey, it's free. Funny thing was my husband and I were talking about getting a daybed in the office in our new home...more room for guests. Then I get this email from someone in one of my moms group trying to get rid of this!



Anyone know if I can paint this? Is there spray paint out there to paint metal? Anyone do this before?

Rustoleum sells spray paint for metal, what color(s) and finish do you think I ought to paint this? I especially don't like the brass, but let me know what you think I ought to do!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sure you can paint it, but it's gonna be hard with all those curved bars. Maybe try painting the brass first and if that doesn't work then try to paint the whole thing. Great find!!

ramblingmuse said...

Oh...my suggestion is to go on HGTV or TLC website for ideas. You can use spray paint - I've seen them do it before. I just don't have the details.

Nice score! :-)

Erin said...

Very Cool! I know that on Rustoleums website has all the option on there to look at. They have some neat paints and you could definitely paint it!