Thursday, May 04, 2006

Busy...busy...busy!

I asked E what she wanted for her last dinner with us...and she asked for breakfast! My hubby, who is soooo good at making breakfast, made pancakes, bacon and sausage. I made a coffee cake earlier in the day and then I made some fried eggs, sunny side up and over easy...which I am so not good at cooking!

That was Tuesday. Wednesday was the French group's farewell dinner. There were 48 students total from France. All the host families and their exchange students gathered at a local school to celebrate the end of their stay. Someone had pizza brought in and many of the students chose to make a dish to go with dinner. E made a rice salad, it was very good. She was worried about it, but it went fast. Someone made ratatouille, some made quiche and there were lots of crepes to go around (with nutella, of course). Here is a picture of the French students.


Sadly, they all left this morning on a bus to Los Angeles. We are sad to see E go, but maybe she will visit some other time. This morning Olivia was sad that E has to go home, and she said she wanted to visit her in France. Maybe someday...

I wasn't sure what it would be like to host a student, but we all had so much fun, it was a great experience. She was great with the kids and we all got along great. I like having people around and it was nice to have her around. I hope we will host more students in the future, especially when the girls are older. I think E had a wonderful time and was a bit sad to leave too.

Tonight, Thursday, I have a moms meeting to go to, Friday night, my husband and I are going to have dinner with friends. This will probably be like a farewell dinner since we are moving within a few weeks. Saturday morning, I'm having a garage sale. And later in the morning, Olivia has a birthday party to attend (which I have to find a gift for). Sunday morning, I have to work in the church nursery, then after lunch we are driving to Bakersfield to begin our hunt for the 'perfect' house! We will stay down there for about 4-5 days, while we go looking house to house, dragging the girls along. Whew...reading this, makes me feel very busy!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Makes me tired just reading it. :) Glad you had a fab time with E.

ramblingmuse said...

Wow - busy, busy!

Glad you had fun with E. :-)

4texans said...

Yes, I did it just for you Walt...as long as I don't get a barrage of spammy comments!

Anonymous said...

Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»