Monday, May 22, 2006

Look what we got for FREE!


My husband's cousin, R, was so nice to drive 3 1/2 hours roundtrip to bring us this kitchen. His sister's kids have outgrown it and we have been trying to figure out a way to get it for like a year.

We were wanting to give him our big screen tv since my husband wanted a new toy. My stipulation is to get rid of the big screen, as my hard and fast rule is that we will not have more than 3 tvs in our house. So he had his truck, but it had a camper on top and we measured and discussed the measurement of the tv and the weight and in the end, there was no way it was going to fit. I feel so bad he came all the way from Sacramento to the Bay area and now we couldn't get the tv in the truck.

We are still trying to come up with ideas. Uhaul is too expensive, they charge a flat rate plus per mileage.

The girls are really loving their 'new-old kitchen', it has alot more features!

Here's the old kitchen:

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a bargain!

Highlandgal said...

Nice upgrade!

nowwhatelmo said...

Oh, it looks awesome!

Leslie said...

Great deal! I got my girls a play kitchen from a consignment shop last year thinking Lindsey would LOVE it. It sat in the corner of our living for months untouched until I finally removed it and stashed it in the basement. I guess they're not going to be Martha Stewarts.