Sunday, May 28, 2006

Moving is stressful

So the movers come to pack us up on Tuesday, but there is still lots to do before they get here. We have been busy cleaning out junk, giving away things we don't need, selling things we don't need, and trying to organize.

I finally got our deep freezer cleaned out. I started in, what, March.. cleaning that thing out.

Look how full our frig/freezer is though!
I've done pretty well with the pantry, too. Needless to say, I haven't had to buy much groceries in the past month, just milk, some fresh fruits and veggies, bread and a few other things.


I've arranged for some help with the girls. Olivia will go to preschool on Tuesday and she will go home with one of her classmates for a 'playdate' till about 3pm. Another friend of mine will watch Claire most of the day. On Wednesday, Olivia goes to school again, and another friend of mine will watch Claire from around 10:30am, and also Olivia who I will pick up and take her over to the same friend's house while the movers are loading the truck. I'm so thankful to my friends from church for always being there for me.

Some random thoughts in my head.

Should I bring our little potty in case Claire wants to use the potty?

Will our absent landlord give us our deposit back? He also promised us $1000 for showing the house and if the prospective renter rents, which is the case...will he come through? I'm really worried about this because I've heard alot of negative things about him from our neighbor. I just don't want to have to put up a fight, but if we have to, we will take him to small claims court.

I have to pack our bags which we will take in our interim living (bouncing from hotel to hotel). Should I pack light pjs for the girls (for our new place where it's hot) or warm ones (for the Bay area where it's cool at night)? Should I take a booster seat for Claire? Should I bring an extra for her cousin who will be joining us in mid June?

Will I get all our laundry done?

What am I going to do with all the food in our frig? Hopefully a neighbor will take some of the condiments, etc.

Will the house cleaner I hired actually show up to clean the house?

Will we have the right paint colors to do the touch ups?

2 comments:

4texans said...

Yes, we bought a house, but we don't close on it till the end of June :( That's why we will be on the move the whole month, our schedule is just C R A Z Y!

Amy Plum said...

Moving is SO STRESSFUL. I can't believe you have to do it so often. Good luck and bon courage.