Wednesday, May 10, 2006

No decision yet

After a sleepless night of tossing and turning (me), no decision has been made. Wow, I just love the 'Texas' house, it's fantastic, has everything going for us....but after we looked at both neighborhoods, I'm a bit lukewarm. We drove around the neighborhoods around 5/5:30pm and saw no one out. No kids...no kids playing...no kids riding bikes...no people walking around. Granted it was hot, but when we lived in Texas, there were always kids around, even when it was hot. The neighborhood, if you could call it that, is only 2 streets so I'm concerned about being isolated there and the fact that the girls would have to take the bus to school. What if there aren't any kids there? Where would the girls play? There is also no place really to go on long walks.

So, we are going to re-visit 3 older houses we crossed off our list. They are older, smaller and we would need to update the kitchen, but they are in a bigger, more established neighborhood. There is a good elementary school right in the neighborhood so there has to be kids there!

Wish us luck today. It is such a big decision...buying a house. I just want to make sure we get a house we like...who knows how long we will be here....

3 comments:

Highlandgal said...

I admire that you're so focused on finding a good neighborhood for the girls. I hope you find the house that suits you too.

Anonymous said...

Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
»

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.