Monday, April 03, 2006

A Wow moment, warning: this is about potty training

I swear this is true.

Occasionally, I have Claire, my 17 month old, sit on the potty just to get her used to the idea. Well, today when I asked her if she wanted to try and go poo poo on the potty, she went straight to the bathroom and insisted on going in and sitting on the potty.

Usually, she just kicks her feet and smiles and plays and tears off little bits of toilet paper and puts it in the toilet. Well, today, she did the usual, but then she reached around to her bottom and got this look on her face like she realized something was about to happen and then she went poo poo!

She immediately had this look like a light bulb went off in her head...but truly, I think it was just lucky timing on my part.

1 comment:

allison said...

Wow, that is awesome! I'm sure she's used to seeing Olivia so hopefully it'll be easier for her to do it earlier. Good luck!