Thursday, April 27, 2006

18 month appointment

For Claire today. She weighed in at 27.1 lbs and was about 33 1/4 inches tall. She had 2 shots :( poor thing, I didn't realize she was getting shots today. All in all, it was a good appointment. The dr asked about her talking and I said she talks alot and in sentences. Yesterday she said 'less go' (Let's go) and 'Daddees in there'. He said his experience with early talking is that the kids are very bright. That might leave Olivia in the cold, she was a late talker. I'm sure they will both be bright though.

Claire has had this cough since our trip to Texas, I think it was all the cat hair that triggered it. See, the woman that was living in our house used to have a cat and I don't think she ever vacuumed it up. The dr said she was wheezing just a little bit, so I asked him about asthma. I'm worried about her getting asthma. The house we are in (and getting ready to move out of) has a serious mold and dust problem. I hope when we get into a newer house, that maybe her wheezing and coughing will clear up. He suggested I put her on albuterol again for a week to see if it clears up her cough. There are some other medicines we could consider if that doesn't work. He didn't seem too concerned about it.

I'm so worried about finding a good pediatrician when we move, but he gave me a great idea. He said I should find the community hospital where everybody goes to have their baby and call up the nurses in the nursery and ask them which pediatricians they see the most and are good. Isn't that a great idea??

No comments: