Saturday, April 08, 2006

It was Christmas again yesterday!

Yes, this is what the girls did yesterday. No, your eyes are not deceiving you. We pretended it was Christmas yesterdy.





I guess I must explain. I got this gingerbread kit in December for the girls to do for Christmas. Since I had the accident with my hand and subsequent hand surgery right before Christmas, we weren't able to decorate the gingerbread house at Christmastime. So I waited till my hand was all better and we would have time to do it.

Claire was mostly interested in taste testing the candies. Olivia had a good time decorating and after a while, Claire started to add candies to the house, too. However, next time, I will have to remember to do all the prep work in advance...making the icing and putting the frame of the house together. The girls were too impatient to get started.

1 comment:

ramblingmuse said...

Christmas in April? How fun!

Nice gingerbread house! :-)