Friday, September 08, 2006

Opa!

Tonight we went to the local Greek Festival at St. George's Greek Orthodox church. I grew up going to the Greek Festival in Houston and always enjoyed the wonderful homemade food, Greek music and Greek dancing. One of my favorite things about the one in Houston was the travel film about Greece...because of that, I longed to visit Greece...unfortunately, I never made it there while I studied and traveled in Europe. Sigh...maybe someday.



This is a much smaller festival than the one I've been to in Houston, but the food was still delicious and the music was enjoyable, Claire loved dancing to the music. They had bounce houses for the kids which Olivia enjoyed and we tried to go on a 'tour' (it was really more of a history lesson of the origin of Greek Orthodox churches) of the church...however, Claire got to antsy and we had to leave. We missed out on the dancing because it wasn't going to happen till 8 or 9pm, which is past the girls' bedtime. We got there around 5:30pm and left about 7:30pm...when we left, the line to get in was very long...we were glad we went early!

Food booths:


The combo plate my husband got...the souvlaki(kebabs) were my favorite...besides the pastries, of course:

Greek musicians:

Vendors...I thought these vintage handbags looked beautiful:

Pictures of the outside of the church:


Line to get in, it wrapped around the corner:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

MMMMMMmmmm, that plate of food makes me hungry.