Wednesday, September 06, 2006

The next Mia Hamm

This evening was the first soccer practice for Olivia's YMCA soccer team.
We showed up, found the 2 coaches and looked for the team...boy...boy...boy...Olivia...boy...boy...boy, you get the picture. There are 3 girls and 9 boys on her team. Olivia seemed a little overwhelmed by all the boys, so I suggested she go say hi to one of the other girls and they quickly became friends.

I think we will need to work with her some at home. The boys all seem as if they have played before and there were some BIG boys on the team! I wasn't sure if she was enjoying it, but afterwards when I asked her how it went, she said "good"...so I guess that's good? She really did seem to work at it and tried her best.

Towards the end of practice, the coaches gathered the team to try to decide on a name. A few kids raised their hands. I saw Olivia raising her hand and I was thinking she would probably suggest something like the 'Princess team'. Anyway, the team came up with the name 'Lightening' and they will wear purple shirts.

1 comment:

Sraikh said...

LOL at the princess name.
Avasha has her first pratice on Sat..will see how it goes.