Sunday, March 19, 2006

We are taking in a teenager

And I'm a little nervous. Ok, well, actually, we are going to host a French student next month for about 2 weeks. I'm excited, but kind of nervous as we don't have much experience with teenagers. I actually lived with a family in Versailles during college for one whole year. Now that I have a family, I really admire and respect my "french mom" for all the work she did making sure the house was clean, the meals were always terrific and the family was very warm and welcoming. And they hosted American students for over 10 years!

I was just thinking how am I going to cook meals every day while keeping my kids happy? And how am I going to keep my kids from turning the house upside down every day?!

The students are coming as a group and I think we will be hosting a 15 year old girl, my next door neighbor will be hosting her friend. My neighbor has 2 teenagers so that will be nice, my neighbor will probably also help out with transporting our student.

The students will be spending the weekends with the families and will be sightseeing as a group during the weekday and then will be home for dinners. I think the girls will love it, I'm not sure how my husband will be...I had to talk him into it! I think it will be fun, I really want to share our culture and also show how beautiful California is.

4 comments:

catankgirl said...

What a wonderful thing you are doing! HOw fun! It will be just like practice for when your girls are teenagers. :-)

Maybe your teenagers will help play with your girls while you cook dinners?

Anonymous said...

That's a great idea Jessica. I hope you have fun!

4texans said...

Well, except, I will probably have to feed the girls first, I will be picking up my student every day around 6 or 6:30 during the week and the girls usually eat around 5pm. So I'm trying to figure out how to do dinners.

nowwhatelmo said...

That sounds cool. I hope that you have a great time.