Saturday, March 18, 2006

Our St. Patrick's Day

This year we actually dressed in green. I was thinking it would be nice to start a tradition, after all, I have a little bit of Irish in me. This is why the Leprechaun came to visit.

This morning, we went to Oakland to drop off some donations from my moms' group to a charity. Afterwards, we planned to go eat breakfast in Berkeley at La Note, Walt's recommendation. First of all, when we got there, it was hard to find parking. Then when I spoke with the hostess, she looked at me like I was from Mars...seeing me, a preppy dressed suburbanite, soccer mom, in Berkeley which is known for hippy, artist, and student types. It turned out it was too busy and it really wasn't kid friendly anyway so we ended up going to our local diner. Maybe we will try to go when my in-laws are in town next time.

After lunch, I went to my very last hand therapy appointment...yippee!! Although I still need improvement since my grip isn't 100%, they released me. My hand therapist says it could be up to a year to see full improvement. She gave me a 'home program' of exercises to keep up.

Then, later in the evening, I went with a friend to see 'Failure to Launch', it was a pretty funny movie. Then we went for appetizers and visited for a while. I have to say, it was so nice to get out with a new friend. Later, when I got home around 8, my husband wanted to watch 'Two for the Money'...I have to say, I have Matthew McConnaughy overload...it's just too much!

I was going to post pictures of the girls in their green, but this dang Blogger won't let me upload anything...argghhh!

1 comment:

4texans said...

Actually, I want the in-laws to babysit so hubby and I can have a nice enjoyable breakfast there. Next time we will definitely make reservations.

Well, actually she is not a new friend, we've just been more of acquaintences.