Sunday, March 05, 2006

$193.50

That's how much I got from our garage sale yesterday, I think that's pretty good considering how slow it was and I didn't even sale half the stuff I had out. Although I expected people earlier, they didn't start coming till 8am. I started packing up about 12pm, but had about 3 sales before I shut down at 1pm. I only advertised it on Craigslist since that's free and I put some signs out, but they were hard to see. Someone told me I was the only sale listed in our town and people don't want to go out of their way for 1 sale, so I guess that's why it was slow.

Most of the people were fairly reasonable when bargaining with me. I'm so NOT good at haggling with people. I think I got ripped off by one guy, but oh well. He insisted he only had so much money...but then he went to my neighbor's and bought more stuff.

And speaking of my neighbor...we had 2 totally different ideas about this garage sale that I took the time to make signs for and advertise. I saw $$ in my eyes, on the other hand, my neighbor just wanted to get rid of stuff since they will be moving in a few months. So I see people walking away with armfuls of clothing and I wonder why I'm not able to sell clothes. He was GIVING them away, that's why!! He said he wasn't competition since I was selling baby clothes. Umm, hello, I'm trying to sell men and women clothing, too. I didn't say anything since they are really great neighbors, always watching out for our houses.

I made most of the money from baby clothes, toys and stuffed animals. I had a ton of books, mostly novels, which I thought people would buy, but I think I only sold about 5 books, and none were novels! Go figure, I guess you just never can tell what people want to buy.

Before pictures:





After pictures, look at all the stuff I still have left:

3 comments:

Highlandgal said...

I wish I could find yard sales like yours. Around here if you're not there by 8:00 a.m. all the good stuff it gone. Forget it. Saturday is my sleep in day. ;)

Sraikh said...

Were you selling your wagon too?
I wanted one,,wah wah

4texans said...

NO, I wasn't selling the wagon! That's where I had all the books for sale! I love that wagon, it's the best, I hope we get to use it more when the weather is better.