Thursday, May 10, 2007

I'm thrilled I can see

I just wanted to follow up with more about my surgery. It's been a few weeks. I had my 1 week follow up appointment about a week and a half ago. I was at 20/20 with both eyes...20/20 in my left eye and 20/35 in my right eye. Before surgery my vision was 20/200 (20/400 in my left eye and 20/200 in my right eye). I will go back in late September for another follow up. I was told it could take about 3 months for my right eye to catch up with my left eye since I had PRK in my right eye. I'm happy, though, I don't have to wear glasses for driving, I can see if I get up in the middle of the night.

In case you were wondering why I had PRK in my right eye, it was due to a risk of ectasia. The shape of my eye put me more at risk for developing ectasia after Lasik and it is a condition very difficult to treat. I had 4 opinions total and found a doctor which offered me the best option.

No comments: