Thursday, May 10, 2007

A Baby Blanket

Well, you know, I started knitting several months ago and have been trying to learn about patterns and such. I found a free pattern for a baby blanket that seemed perfect for a beginner. Ha! I've been working on it for months and I'm only about 1/5 of the way through it. My problem is I want the blanket to be perfect and I kept messing up the stitches and I had to unravel several rows and start over several times. I think it's good practice though because I've made alot of progress in the last couple of weeks.


I'm not sure who will get this blanket, I have lots of friends that are having babies and my sister-in-law is having one this summer. Of course, this one will have to go to a girl. Maybe I should do yellow next time!

4 comments:

Calabar boy said...

I find it interesting that u even have the time cos I tried doing this and it was a waste of my time. Good luck

ramblingmuse said...

Oh wow. That is very pretty! I've only knitted a bit since we started. Your blanket makes me want to put more effort into it again. :)

catankgirl said...

It's looking really nice! As you are getting the hang of it more, do you like doing it? Or is it frustrating still?

4texans said...

Thanks. Jessica-I'm definitely getting the hang of it. I'm halfway finished now. I can't wait to finish. I think it's a pretty pattern and easy, too. I'll have to try to make more. I want to learn to knit baby/child hats now because surely those would go faster!