Saturday, May 26, 2007

Flip That Room

We are busy this weekend updating Claire's room into a Big Girl room from a nursery. When we moved in, we put her in the yellow room as we thought that would buy us some time before we would have to paint. It went well with her (previously Olivia's) Hey Diddle, Diddle theme.

I took a picture here as I was taking the wall decorations down. Yes, I painted that picture of the cow jumping over the moon.



Here is a picture during painting. The green (Sherwin Williams Great Green) you see is actually the 2nd color I chose. I chose a lighter green (Sherwin Williams Gratifying Green) earlier but it was too bluish so I ended up switching to a darker and more yellow green. I think it will look nice with pink. I actually got Claire some bedding from Pottery Barn Kids called Cherry Blossom. It's got a pink background with green leaves and some other colors.

I finished painting, it looks better in person, I promise. Tomorrow, I will have to paint the trim. The room already looks so much better, it had really taken a beating from the previous owners.

1 comment:

ramblingmuse said...

Oh, very nice! You are such an artist (the cow)!! That's great. You really have an eye for design!