Thursday, September 03, 2009

It's finally here...

The paint is dry, the curtains are hung, now we are just waiting for our little boy. We are leaving soon to bring him home. Sorry to say I will be incommunicado during this trip since I will not be bringing my laptop. We aren't sure of the internet connection in the apartment and I think I'm going to be too busy chasing a little boy to have time to surf the internet. The next few weeks will be tough with travel and transitions.

We've 'tried' to keep his room low-key, but we've been given some new clothes and toys along with the hand-me-downs. And of course, we have a whole other room full of toys that I've tried to put away... It looks better but there are still lots of toys. Our family room is really a 'play room' with a kitchen, play food, kids' work bench equipped with tools, lots of games on the shelves as well as arts and crafts supply. We have a tv in there where the kids and dad play the wii occasionally. (Mom is usually cleaning, cooking,doing laundry or knitting)
I would like to post more, but so much to do...gotta finish cleaning and packing. Oooops didn't realize it was going to be cold there (cold for us Californians, that is) so now I have to rethink the clothes!






7 comments:

Henry's mom said...

The room looks so cozy and nice. I can not believe the time has finally come for you to go pick up your little guy.

Have a wonderful time on your last and final trip. Safe travels!

Look forward to seeing Roman when he gets home!

qmiller said...

The room looks so nice and inviting! Wishing you a safe and happy trip.

Stephanie and Gary said...

Katherine, the room looks wonderful! You did a great job - cozy, inviting and a place to call home. I look forward to seeing a photo with a little blond head peaking out from underneath the covers. Safe travels, my friend!
Steph

Julian and Sara said...

Good luck with the trip - hopefully everything will work out smoothly for you. And we are definitely looking forward to the next post.

Julie said...

The room looks awesome Katherine! He is going to love it - I can already picture him in there just going from one thing to the next in awe! Cherrish these last few days in his birth country and the first few days to come at his new home with with your new family of five. It will be distant memories far too soon. Love you, safe travels! Julie

Aaron and Julie said...

Safe travels!! I'm so excited this time has come. Enjoy your time in Almaty with your son!

aultfamily said...

He's gonna love it! Can't wait to see pix of you reuniting and meeting his new sisters for the first time! :)

MaryAnn