Monday, December 04, 2006

Thanksgiving weekend

We spent Thanksgiving with my hubby's extended family in northern California. We had such a great time and everyone was a great host. The girls especially loved being entertained by their bigger girl cousins.


We went to my hubby's cousin's house for Thanksgiving. We had turkey, ham and all the trimmings. I brought a 7-up cake, it was easy to make and easy to travel with. Here are the girls playing a 'vintage' Hi-Ho-Cherry-O game with one of their cousins.

That night we all stayed at one of my hubby's cousin's house. She has 2 girls, one is a teenager and one is 11. Olivia and Claire loved wearing them out...ha! The next morning, J (hubby's cousin) and I went shopping at 4:15 in the morning. It was the first time I ever did 'Black Friday'. I was bleary eyed, but it was fun. We stood in a long line around the corner of the Circuit City hoping I would get some deals. As I approached the store, I noticed people breaking down tents...wow, there are some dedicated shoppers out there!

It was such a mad house in there and it seemed as if the employees didn't realize it was a special shopping day. They were not prepared for the crowds at all. I bought a couple of things, I tried to look at dvds but the customers were flinging them around the bins so it was hard to see if there were any movies I wanted. There was a huge checkout line snaking around the store, but somehow we managed to line up in a line in the automotive section and we didn't have to wait long.

Next, we hit the mall. I looked at Macy's and was hoping to find a good selection of dresses on sale for Olivia...I found 1 dress. After Macy's, we went to the Disney store which was having great bargains. I almost didn't want to go, but I'm glad we did. I got some great stocking stuffers for the girls.

Later Friday, we drove over to my husband's aunt's farm to visit with his aunt and another cousin. The girls always love going to the farm. They like to feed the fish in the ponds and chase the cats.

Here they are at the farm:




Here is Claire goofing around in my shoes at another relative's house, my hubby's other aunt and uncle.
It was a great weekend!

2 comments:

Sraikh said...

I love the picture of the girls in matching PJs

4texans said...

Those aren't pjs, those are just matching outfits from Target!