Saturday, November 04, 2006

It's too bad I can't call in sick at work...

I was so sick this past week, it took all my energy just to get the girls ready, get Olivia to and from school and I would lie in bed while Claire watched videos. So bad, I know. I finally called an advice nurse Thursday night who said I should go to the doctor...apparently it wasn't just a sore throat I was having.

So I called my doctor's office and they didn't have any openings on Friday but said I could come as a walk-in and they would try and fit me in. So I began to wonder what I should do. I could go to urgent care and spend about 3 hours or so waiting to get treated without the kids or I could go to my doctor's at 8:30 in the morning with my kids....and who knows how long they would last. Mind you, at this point, I was so fatigued, I was mostly lying curled up on the couch or bed. All evening I was bemoaning the fact that I would have to take the 2 kids with me and I didn't know how I was going to manage all that.

Thankfully, when Friday morning came around, my hubby let me 'call in sick' so I could go to the doctor. Also in my favor is the fact that my doctor and his wife (a P.A.) live just a few doors down from us and have a child the same age as Claire...so they like me :). They fit me in their schedule just fine, I got a shot of antibiotics, a prescription for more antibiotics and gave blood. I'm starting to feel a lot better!

No comments: