Monday, November 20, 2006

Do you know anything about Ghana?

If so, please inform me! No, we aren't planning a trip there...anytime soon, anyway.

My hubby's employer brought in 2 young guys from Ghana to help train them for 2 months. They are staying at an extended stay type hotel within walking distance from our house. We will be seeing a lot of them and hopefully we can show them how kind Americans are. Someone is have them over for Thanksgiving (we will be out of town) and I think they will be coming to our house for Christmas.

I've been researching a little bit what they eat so I can make something at Christmas time they will like. We are also trying to think of what to get them for presents, they will have to participate in the present opening, of course!

They are Christian (Methodist and Pentecost) as the majority of the Ghana population are Christian. They are interested in going to church so we will probably be taking them to church with us sometime.

2 comments:

ramblingmuse said...

I know nothing specific about Ghana. Getting to know more about them and their sharing cultures will be fascinating!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Nat said...

I used to work with a girl from Guana, really sweet girl. She told me they ahve a very hard life there, and I remember she used to go to church every week..

Sorry, I really doont know much:)