Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Our Gotcha Day

So I'm a little behind in posting about our last trip to Kazakhstan. I guess I was reminiscing after Skyping with a friend of mine who is in Almaty in the process of adopting a little boy.

Our last flight from LAX on our way to Kazakhstan.
Getting dressed and ready to go:

Posing with Mommy and Maigul at Almaty Babyhouse 2:

Posing with our coordinator, Tatyana, and the Babyhouse Director/Doctor.
Happy to be leaving the baby house FOREVER!


I thought I would post a picture of these picture magnets I made for Nicholas, I think the most important ones were the ones showing emotion and pictures of everyone in our family. They helped a little with the language barrier. I brought these and a magnetic board to Kazakhstan to try to help him understand day to day activities.

1 comment:

Julian and Sara said...

Oh the memories!!!

Just love all of your pictures and remembering the "being there" aspect of Almaty. Such a wonderful place (now all those other pressures are removed). And those apartments...priceless.

Some of the BH #2 pictures look so familiar - we spent so much time there that that couch seems part of our own home. And we love to see Migul - she is such an incredible part of our family (I suppose).

Have a wonderful Christmas together! Hope to see you all at Kazapalooza if at all possible.