Sunday, July 22, 2007

First stay in Dallas

We arrived late Friday. We enjoyed hanging out at the house (my in-laws') most of the day and went to the library. It was mostly a relaxing day. We borrowed The Wizard of Oz movie from the library since Olivia has been wanting to see it (her friend Abigail talks about it alot).

Today, we drove out to Fort Worth to meet my brother-in-law, his wife, son (12yrs old) and a teacher from Italy they were hosting for the weekend. We ate at Bubba Bahamas, it was okay. Fabrizio (teacher from Italy) asked me what Bubba meant. I told him it was a nickname, I don't know of another way to explain that.

After lunch, we headed over to the science museum where we got tickets to a Star Wars exhibit. While waiting for our 2:15pm time, we killed some time at the National Cowgirl Museum. It was actually a pretty nice museum. I was excited to see Connie Reeves mentioned and pictured there. She ran the riding program where I went to summer camp. She was an awesome lady!

The Star Wars exhibit was interesting although difficult to enjoy with 2 tired girls hanging all over me. It was also hot and crowded. They had alot of models, costumes, commentary and a few hands on activities. We are taking it easy this evening since tomorrow morning we are heading down to Houston for the week.

No comments: