Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Day 2 - September 30th

Arrive to airport, check bags, get taken aside in security for carrying soymilk for my 2 year old and 4 year old. Talk to supervisor and convince her I am not a terrorist. She says they are not supposed to allow any beverages other than formula, breastmilk or juice for diabetics, but she will 'let it slide' this time.

Get to gate just in time to board so no time to buy sandwiches for the girls. Hopefully, we can buy something on the (almost 5 hour)flight. The flight leave about 8am. The girls are tired and I give them dramamine to help with the motion sickness (and also thinking it will help them take a nap). Nope, they don't nap...but at least they don't throw up. I give some snacks, I bring out a wrapped gift for each girl which entertains them all of 5 minutes. Claire kicks the seat in front of her. I try to wrestle with her, I try to bribe her and try to reason with her. None of this works and she kicks the seat of the poor man in front of her throughout the flight. Olivia fidgets some and complains some but is overall very good on the flight. I bring out another gift...it entertains them 5 minutes.

Meal service comes down the aisle and we prepare to purchase sandwiches to share with the girls. Nope, no more sandwiches, just chocolate chocolate chip muffins. I already have muffins I made at home so we pass.

Woman in front of Olivia turns around to tell me she is kicking her seat. I tell her to feel free to switch with the man who is sitting in front of Claire (not really, wish I had). I didn't see Olivia kick her seat at all. I tell Olivia not to kick the seat, dh has 'words' with the woman. Tells her she can put her seat up or move...there is a middle seat open next to her (which is in front of me).

Torturous flight finally ends! We arrive in Orlando.

We get to take the Disney Magical Express (free airport transfer) which means we have to wait in line to check in, wait to board our bus to our hotel at the Port Orleans resort and wait on the bus for all the passengers. At least they took care of our bags. Olivia still does not know we are going to Disney World. The bus takes off and after some time Olivia hears kids talking about Disney. Olivia says we are going to Disneyland and we explain that Disneyland is in California. Then, finally, the bus driver announces we are in Disney World so then we explained to her we are going to Disney World in Florida...she has huge smile on her face!

We finally get to our hotel with not much time to freshen up before we meet friends for dinner at Downtown Disney and Ragland Road. The food was great even though it is typical pub fare. There is so much to see at Downtown Disney, but the kids didn't nap so we had to get them to bed.

We are staying at the Port Orleans French Quarter, it reminds me of New Orleans. I love New Orleans.

1 comment:

Nat said...

Sounds like you were kept very busy!

Vicki and I get to travelm about 2-3 times a year, taking 2 planes at the time, so I know everything about the people in front who's setas are being kicked from behind. I dont even pay them attention, my kid pays just as much travel fair:)) Sometimes I'd look back at them and ask them if they came out all big and grumpy out of their mamas:)

Do you have any photos to share?