Friday, February 12, 2010

An Extraordinary Life

So it's been 5 months that we've been home and there is really not alot to add from last month, things are about the same and they change daily! Mostly I am just very busy from 6:30am till about 8pm when the kids are ALL in bed sleeping soundly, then I veg out a while and maybe I'll get at least one thing done. It has been really hard to adjust to a family with 3 active kids and try and keep on top of all the activities, schoolwork, carpooling details and housework so I'm learning to let things go a bit. None of us are perfect.

I think I am making a turning point in my relationships with our kids, at least I am trying to improve our relationship. I also now understand when other adoptive parents who talk about how lucky they are to have their adopted child in their life. Sure Nicholas has a great life with us, but he has changed us forever and we continually learn about love. I feel so lucky he is with us and teaching us so much and I'm beginning to appreciate what an extraordinary life I am leading.

I'll leave you with this picture I took as Nicholas and I were walking through the UCLA campus on Valentine's Day:


It's all about LOVE my friends!!

2 comments:

Julie said...

Katherine,
This is a beautiful post, it made me a bit teary eyed. I sure miss you and would love to plan a talk one of these days,evenings or at 1AM, Sometimes it feels like that is the only time when I finally have some free time! Anyway, please know I think of you often.
Julie

Stephanie and Gary said...

Katherine, this is such a beautiful post, I am teary eyed with joy and wonder as I read it. What a beautiful photo and it seems to shout from the sky all that you have in your heart. I am excited to feel all that you feel. This post fills me with amazing and joyful hope!! You continue to be such a role model for me and I am grateful for you!
SK