Thursday, April 02, 2009

This is breakfast, no foolin'...


I attempted an April Fool's joke on the girls yesterday. So I made them scrambled eggs and buttered toast, only it was dried apricots/marshmallows melted together and toasted pound cake with frosting. They seemed more confused by it than anything. They didn't like the 'scrambled egg', but loved the pound cake. Before anyone reports me to the food police, I did make some real eggs for them so they would have a proper breakfast. It was really hard to figure out how to make fake scrambled eggs look real.

When we got up, Olivia was so excited it was April Fool's Day, she told me 'Mommy, it's 8:30" (we have to leave at 7:30 in the mornings) and of course, I played along, saying "oh, no, we're late", and she had this grin from ear to ear while telling me "April Fool's"!

No comments: