Monday, April 06, 2009

A Birthday Surprise

Well, today was my birthday. There wasn't much planned. My hubby took me out Saturday night to celebrate, we went out to eat and to the movies. We saw "I Love You, Man", I thought it would be a man flick, but it was hysterical.

Today, I took the girls to the Santa Barbara zoo. It's a small zoo and near the beach. It was a beautiful day to do this and we could take our time around the zoo and have enough time for the girls to play in the play area and for them to spend some of their money on souvenirs.

We got back home around dinner time (well, a bit after) and I got a phone message AND an email from our adoption agency. Our dossier has cleared the consulate! It has been hard to wait, but as we make our way through each step, it is so exciting.

1 comment:

Nat said...

Happy Birthday, Katherine!

And wow, what a nice birthday surprise :) Hopefully not long till your family becomes a family of 5:)