Sunday, February 04, 2007

New project

So I decided to try a new hobby, I was inspired by some very crafty moms on my mommy board so I'm taking a stab at knitting! Ha ha! I went to a local yarn shop where someone taught me to cast on and knit. It's very expensive yarn though so I'm going to have to do some learning on my own.

Here is the first thing I made. The lady helping me started me out with 40 stitches, but I started over a few times and ended up starting with 12 since I thought my first project could be a scarf for Olivia. I'm not sure, I might do it over again because I think it's still a little too wide for her. It's very plain, too. Maybe I should try with smaller needles, too.


Next I would like to knit a baby blanket. I have some friends who are having babies this summer so if I can get any done, it would make a wonderful gift.

I would love tips if any of you are knitters!

3 comments:

Geekette said...

Thats one very cute scarf. WTG :)

ramblingmuse said...

Oh wow! I just started knitting today too!! I took a class at a craft shop in Mountain View! I just posted about it too. You beat me to the pics, 'tho! :P

I like that color yarn you're using. I chose a blue swirled yarn for my project. :)

Good luck!

Nat said...

oh wow, first project and it looks great!

I would love to knit baby blanckets too:)