Tuesday, November 30, 2010

I dedicate this post to my BIO friends.



For those of you that have no clue what I'm writing about, I am referring to an extraordinary group of women. Many of us met online around the beginning of 2004 when we were pregnant. I found out I was pregnant with our 2nd child on February 14, 2004 and came across an internet message board of other women pregnant at the same time. I think we were on a Due in October board. We eventually became the Born In October 2004 message board, although some of the children were born in September or November or even others who came later and didn't even have a child born in the same year.

Yes, we have had some weirdos stalk our forum and some drifted away but we have had a few new ones join through friends. Many have had difficult times with a death of a dear one, losing a job, getting divorced, very ill children but we have remained together supporting each other through these times and the joyous times. Learning about the children making friends, going to school, new siblings,etc. I have personally met several of these wonderful ladies and it amazes me how we are instant friends even though it is the first time we met in person. I guess you would say we have developed a special 'cyber' bond! I just wish more of us could meet in person.

I recently met up with 2 of these ladies when we travelled up north. It was so wonderful to spend time together and our husbands even enjoyed each others' company. I can't believe I met up with one of these ladies at the Oakland zoo 6 years ago in 2004 when we were pregnant. We had a few things in common including daughters named 'Olivia'!

BIO 2004 moms, you are the best!

2 comments:

Leslie (rlgelber) said...

It sure is a great group of women! I don't know what I'd do without the support I've received through the years. I'm proud to be one of the members you've met. :)

Stephanie and Gary said...

that is amazing! you know when I read "bio" moms, i was thinking of *our* bond with bio. LOL.
How lucky of you to have met these women! was it a national board or from California? 6 years later to meet again with the kids, how amazing that. thank God for technology!
Great post!
steph