Monday, March 02, 2009

Our writer

I know I'm biased but I happen to think Olivia is a good writer. I don't know where she gets it from!
Claire made a Pixos cherry and Olivia helped her draw a picture of cherry trees. Olivia wrote the following on the note for Claire for Claire's friend:
"This is a cherry so red and proud.
From Claire anyhow.
When you see it you want to eat it so hide it. forget it!"


She is in first grade and I sure don't remember writing much then. They learn so much more earlier than when I was in elementary school. She is already doing multiplication.

1 comment:

Stephanie and Gary said...

you are right, i think that is great writing for a 1st grader. Makes me want to eat it too. Descriptive and also enticing. Great job! As for your question, i meant extended family -- i think I'll wait to tell the kids a little closer to travel! Is that right or wrong? not sure, but don't want too much time to lag for them.
steph