Friday, April 18, 2008

Laisser les bons temps rouler!

For those of you unfamiliar with 'cajun speak', that means, 'Let the Good Times Roll!' The last month or so I was really busy planning a New Orleans fundraiser for our church's mission trip to New Orleans in July. I'm looking forward to going in July to help victims(still) of Hurricane Katrina.

I think the fundraiser was a success, especially for a small church with only about 200 members. We raised close to $2000 for the trip. This will help with some of the transportation costs and fees for our stay at the church where will be staying.

I found this fantastic 7 member jazz band to play free for us and got lots of food donated for the dinner as well as a few raffle prizes. I was really overwhelmed by the generosity of our community and our church.


"The Dixie Nuts" With the dimmed lights, our fellowship hall really did have some atmosphere, you can't really tell in the picture.




Silly Claire!

2 comments:

catankgirl said...

Wow, you did a great job! Are you going on the trip to New Orleans too? That would be so fulfilling, I think.

4texans said...

Yes, I am going on the mission trip to New Orleans. I've been wanting to do something like this for the past 2 1/2 years, everything just lined up right this time!